Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bexten Family Reunion

Happy Labor day wknd! What are YOU up to this wknd? Hope it's something that will be fun and relaxing!
Mikey and I came to Maniller today and immediately met the rest of the family at the park. Since mike's dad, John, has 8 siblings- there are around 80 people on the Bexten side of the fam. Each one is funny, friendly, and fun. Which rawks. I cannot believe I stressed for even a minute about not bringing something with us since it was a potluck. We filled 5 tables full of food.. and it is all soooooo (unhealthy) GOOD! Here are some that I can remember: 7 layer dip, pasta salad, corn salsa, pickle wraps, bbq pork sandwiches, pot roast, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, meatballs, scotcharoos, cookies, cake and my FAVORITE- batman cookies. (hungry yet?!)
WHAT are batman cookies you ask?! Well actually, they are the no-bake chocolate cookies. I call them batman cookies because when I was in the 1st grade I was at the Mayes' house and David (my first crush, besides maybe Jonathon Taylor Thomas..) was upset. At the time, his favorite superhero was Batman. Rod, his dad, told him that if he would eat one of these cookies he would have all the power Batman has. David's eyes were wide with excitement. After this, I just grew up calling them batman cookies. I think it's part of the reason they taste so good - because they have a certain nostalgia that accompanies their wonderful taste.
We were at the reunion a long time playing bags, washers, horse shoes, volleyball, football, bocci ball, sitting and catching up, and playing with babies. It was so fun!
Around 5 Mike's dad, his sisters' boyfriends, his uncle Aaron, himself and I went golfing! I love golf. I am not very good, but I'm not too shabby either. Golf is a cruel mistress- she can trick you into thinking you're awesome, then next shot you biff it into the tree that is BEHIND YOU?! haha but mostly I love being out in nature. And at the M&M course (Manning/Manilla) there are corn fields and cows surrounding you, I love it.
Such a fun day - I hope yours was equally as fun!
Until next time,
look your best, feel your best, act your best!
xox

2 comments:

Dianna said...

ok. you are AWESOME at blogging. i'll admit - i didn't blog today. it's okay though. it was a busy busy day! if i had a blackberry i would be blogging all day tomorrow on my drive home. trust me. i'll be blogging first thing tomorrow. i'm pretty much obsessed with it. you're such a good writer! i think you should be an author of a novel. about yourself because you're THAT awesome.

cassiekay said...

hahaha you're cute!!!!