Friday, September 4, 2009

Hey everyone, come and see how good I look!

->It's me, Cassie. My best friend Dianna inspired me to create my first ever blog. Thanks d!
->I've always sucked at keeping a journal, but I'm determined to make keeping up with my blog a different story. I'm going to spit the truth, complain/vent about my troubles (hopefully not too often though), and completely brag about the everyday magical and positive things that happen in my life. I love my life, I live for happy, and I strive for laughter. 
->Guess what! This is what has been going on with me lately: I graduated from Ames High in January of 2007. I went to DMACC for a year. I went to Iowa State University for a year. Then I was going to move to Brooklyn, NY with my sister/niece/boyfriend. NY didn't work out. I wanted to continue my education out there but OMG a SEMESTER at NYU is $18,000?!?! I love school, and I loved NY, but not enough to send me into 70 years of debt. Nu uh no thank you. SO! My boyfriend and I moved in with our best friends Tim and Tom in Des Moines and I'm back at DMACC pursuing Marketing. We live in a totally cute old house and I love each one of my boys. 
->At the end of July I got a job in Des Moines working at the Ramada Inn & Suites off I-80. It's brand new, and totally awesome. I was first hired to help the owner's daughter (owner is Don Weiseler, daughter is Shelly) start up the gift shop. The Weiselers live in Rapid City, SD and when they went back after a week of my working, I took over and started the gift shop from scratch! It was incredible. I loved being in control, diving into things and having to figure them out for myself, meeting with wonderful wholesales reps, and working my tush off. ANYWAY! I am now the gift shop manager (we're open now!) and I do enjoy it. I have been working 60 hour weeks, but since school started full time I'm TRYING to work less. 
->Needless to say, I'm one busy bee. I've always been, but now I am more so than ever.  It's been tough because I don't have as much time for my bestest friends, my family, and my boyfriend, but it's an adjustment that will take a little time. 
->SO other than that, if you don't know me so well- I'm a confident, respectful, truthful, beautiful, caring, hardworking, loving individual with a lot on her plate. I can't express to you how much I LOVE my family. I could bail my eyes out right now thinking about it. Though we all live across the nation we keep up with each other on our personal family blog. I can't say how thankful I am for that.
->I LOVE my friends. SO much that sometimes it hurts. Lately, especially, I haven't been able to see a lot of them and when I do, it's for a small amount of time. That sucks. But, overall I have so many deep deep friendships that never loose any significance to me. (Despite the time or distance apart.) I would gladly do ANYTHING for my friends. (except maybe rob a bank.)
->My boyfriend Mike is my world. At the end of the day, he is it. He is the bees knees. If you are around us for 5 minutes, you will see how in love we are. We just recently celebrated our 3 year anniversary. (Actually we both forgot and my sister reminded us... hahahaha but Mike was totally smooth and had flowers/chocolate/card waiting for me when I got home from work.) He is the most caring, kind, friendly, non-judgmental, helpful, selfless, capable person I know. (Besides maybe my Dad?) Mike inspires me to be better. Not to mention my baby is stunningly handsome, sexy, smart (he graduated from ISU in June) and just- perfect. 
->IN SUMMARY: I love my family. I love my friends. I love Mike. I love my life. and I probably love you. 
->Until next time,
*look your best, feel your best, and act your best! *

1 comment:

Liza said...

I'm so glad you're blogging, Cass! ♥ you!